Friday, September 5, 2008

Boy Names

Let's just say our boy name for the upcoming baby is "John." It's not, anymore than Peter's real name is Peter, but my husband has a thing for Bible names-- particularly the 12 disciples-- that governs the naming of our male children.

Fine, I can live with that. But I also don't mind a strong family name used as a first name. After all, it's different. So I thought.

Until I got the roster of my son's new Sunday School list. Here are all the boys of the class, no lie:

Taylor
Olsen
Ford
Caden
Rhett
Maddox

Bradin
Noah
Crawford
Nathan
Brayden
Cameron

At least, I think these are the boys. As you can see, I may be wrong on a few.

Maybe Peter and John will be distinct after all.

1 comment:

BGK said...

dI went through this too... having a "real" John. I think those names are gaining popularity like the names off Dalllas and Dynasty in the 80s --- Alexis, Crystal, etc etc.

I'll stick with plain and biblical thankyouverymuch!