Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Living Room

Last to be completed, most to be used, the living room. I put more thought into this one than any other.

I am unapologetically traditional, and I like a little formality in the living room. Yet I am absolutely practical, so I wanted a living room that we could truly live in. So I covered the chairs in the same faux-linen, wipeable outdoor fabric as our dining room chairs. The chairs also have casters so they can turn easily for tv viewing. I kept the trim on throw pillows simple, since I've discovered how much babies like to chew on trim.

For the couch and ottoman, we used velvet-- which is nothing more than corduroy without the ridges! The nap hides stains easily, and you'd never know that Peter has already vomited on the sofa. The ottoman provides storage, extra seating, and has no hard edges for toddlers to hit their heads on.

Our television is behind the Chinese panels. The wires go through the wall to the buffet below, where we keep the cable box, dvd player, and have room for extra toys. Our computer is inside the armoire across the room.

BEFORE:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AFTER:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BEFORE:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AFTER:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Whew.

Now I can have a baby.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You know what I'm going to say!! lol.. When do I move in??? :):):)

BGK said...

I didn't know you knew how to do upholstery too!!! Wow, is there anything you can't do?

L said...

Actually, I didn't do the upholstery myself! Though I did once upholster a couch using permanent fabric glue, and it held up pretty nicely ;)